Somalia Mental Health Foundation is a US based nonprofit organization that provides services and guidance for people with mental health conditions in Somalia. Somali Mental Health Foundation provides the following services in Somalia:
- Human resource development that will be the cornerstone for the delivery of a simplified health care service that is integrated to the existing primary health care service.
- Organize Seminars and Workshops on mental health issues for general medical practitioners, school teachers, health workers, other community leaders and opinion makers.
- Conduct research on various psycho-social and general health related issues including survey on prevalence of psychiatric morbidity and clinical depression in low-income areas of Somalia ,
- Carry out surveys on attitudes and beliefs among community members about mental illness, and demographic and diagnostic data on patients who are seen at the clinic.
- Organize training and workshops in self-empowerment and psycho-social wellness for women and girls in low income areas.
- Set up of mental health camps where psychiatric consultation and medicines are provided free-of-charge.
- Raise awareness about violence against women and girls and its impact on their mental healt